3 Minute Drill - Ben Zobrist Video Study
As a Christian, what does it mean that Christ lives in you?
How does that affect the way you live? How does it affect the way you compete? How should it affect the way you live and compete?
Ben Zobrist says that when we understand that Christ is living and operating through us, we will be free of pressure. Think about that statement and explain what it means.
Read Galatians 2:20. What does it mean to be “crucified with Christ”?
What do you need to change today to begin letting Christ live through you more clearly?
Related Scripture: Romans 8:9-14, Ephesians 2:10
- Most of us battle to surrender certain things in our lives to God. What are you holding back from Him?
- Do you struggle with a need for control? How does that hurt your relationship with the Lord?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6. In what areas of your life do you rely on your own understanding?
- What would happen if you released everything to the Lord and truly trusted Him? Are you willing to do that? What will happen if you don’t?
- Write down one thing you will choose to surrender to the Lord today and tell someone about your decision. Ask them to help keep you accountable to your decision.
Related Scripture: Isaiah 55:8-9, 1 Corinthians 1:25, Romans 12:1
- Think about the places you spend your time every day. Have you ever considered them to be opportunities for ministry?
- What about your team? If God has placed you on a team, He has a plan for you to reveal Him to teammates or fellow coaches. In what ways do you minister to the players and coaches and others who are part of your team?
- According to Ben Zobrist, ministry needs to also happen in our own hearts before we can minister to others. How are you feeding yourself spiritually?
- Read Matthew 28:18-20. What does Christ mean when He tells us to go and “make disciples”? What does that look like for you specifically?
Related Scripture: John 14:23-24, 1 Corinthians 9:16, 2 Corinthians 2:14-15, 1 John 3:18
- Do you have any superstitions when it comes to your sport? What purpose do they serve?
- Ben Zobrist talks about the difference between responsibility and control. How is being responsible different from being controlling? List three ways.
- How much control do you have over the circumstances in your life?
- Read Matthew 6:25-34. What does this passage tell us about God? What does it tell us about our lives?
- Do you trust God and His promise of that passage? If so, how can you begin to live a more surrendered life to Him?
Related Scripture: Psalm 20:7, Psalm 31:6, Psalm 91, Proverbs 3:5-6