3 Minute Drill - Shalee Lehning Video Study
- When you compete, do you experience joy and freedom, or are you consumed by pressure and anxiety? Why?
- How much of your identity is based on how well you compete?
- Do you believe that God is in control and has a plan for you regardless of how well you do on the court or field? Why or why not?
- What does the Bible say about where we should find our true worth? Have you bought into any lies about your identity and what really matters?
- What do you need to do in order to change how you view yourself?
Related Scripture: Psalm 139; Galatians 2:20; 1 John 3:1
- Has your faith ever been challenged by tough times on the court or field? What made it difficult to trust God.
- Even though the results may not have been what you wanted, can you see good things that came out of that difficult season? List them out.
- What difficult situation are you facing right now?
- In that situation, what does it look like for you to “keep the faith”? How can you begin to cultivate that faith today?
Related Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6; Galatians 6:9; James 1:2-12
- Whether or not we are in the pros or in high school, we are all given platforms as athletes and coaches. Have you ever considered how you are a role model to others?
- Are you using your role as an athlete or coach to make a difference in the lives of others? Why or why not?
- Shalee Lehning mentioned that she uses basketball to build relationships. What can you do to begin showing the love of Christ to others through sports?
- How can you encourage your teammates or coaches today?
Related Scripture: Matthew 22:34-40; John 15:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Instead of watching TV, Shalee Lehning spent extra time in the gym. What distracts you from being the best you can be in your sport?
- If you have been given an athletic gift from the Lord, don’t waste it! Use it to bring Him glory. With that in mind, do you need to make any changes to your schedule or habits to begin working harder at your sport?
- This lesson is easily applied to our spiritual lives. Are you working to get stronger spiritually? How?
- What spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer, Bible study, personal accountability) do you need to improve in order to grow in the Lord?
- What is one thing you will change today to grow stronger in the Lord?
Related Scripture: Acts 2:42-43; Romans 12:9-21; 1 Peter 5:8