His Ground - "It's About Power!"
When I step onto His field, there is power. Power comes through Jesus Christ. We can experience this power when we play and live on His ground. Everything I do should start on His ground.
Identify and describe your favorite place to compete (field, court, pool, arena, track, etc.).
- Share why this is your favorite place for competition. What makes it so special? Did you find victory here? Did you receive encouragement or support from your coach or fans? Did it give you confidence?
Read Exodus 3:2-6
“Then the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire within a bush. As Moses looked,
he saw that the bush was on fire but was not consumed. So Moses thought: I must go over and
look at this remarkable sight. Why isn’t the bush burning up?
When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called out to him from the bush, ‘Moses,
‘Here I am,’ he answered.
‘Do not come closer,’ He said. ‘Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you are standing
is holy ground.’ Then He continued, ‘I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God
of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ Moses hid his face because he was afraid to look at God.”
- What did God tell Moses to do? Why? Why was it holy ground? When have you felt like you were on holy ground? Moses was on holy ground because God was present. As followers of Christ, why are we always on holy ground?
Psalm 84:1-2 states, “How lovely is Your dwelling place, LORD of Hosts. I long and yearn for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh cry out for the living God.”
- When you are fully committed to Christ, you are always on holy ground. What does a life fully committed to Christ look like?
- What are some things you’ve fully committed to God?
A total commitment involves spiritual training.
Read 1 Timothy 4:7-8 - “But have nothing to do with irreverent and silly myths. Rather, train yourself in godliness, for, the training of the body has a limited benefit, but godliness is beneficial in every way, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.”
- Spiritual training is the way we access God’s power. His power is on His ground. In the same way you have physical training for your sport, spiritual disciplines bring power and strength to your life. Take a few minutes to read the Scripture passages below and then discuss.
Read His Word………………...…….John 14:23
Talk with friends about Jesus…………Acts 5:42
Read Psalm 68:34-35 - “Ascribe power to God. His majesty is over Israel, His power among the clouds. God, You are awe-inspiring in Your sanctuaries. The God of Israel gives power and strength to His people. May God be praised!”
While God is working and doing the unthinkable, we must step back and say, “God did it!” At that moment, He receives the glory. Bringing God the greatest amount of glory is the goal. We need to be warriors for God’s glory. Are you ready to be different so that God’s power and goodness will be made clear to all? Take that step.
It’s about God. It’s about serving. It’s about love. It’s about the
power we receive by playing on His ground.