A man once said, “Example is not the main thing influencing others – it’s the only thing.” You have an influence right where you are, and it’s based on the example you set. It could be positive or it could be negative, either way your example is influencing others.
- Tell about a person that had a negative influence on you based on their example.
- Tell about a person that had a positive influence on you based on their example.
The Bible tells us in 1 Timothy 4:12, “Let no one despise your youth; instead, you should be an example to the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.” List the ways that you can influence those around you by your example.
- In which area do you feel you influence people in a positive way?
- In which area do you feel you influence people in a negative way?
- How can you use these biblical principles to influence your team positively?
- Talk about how your team can be an influence to each other and other teams if they follow these examples of influence.
Psalm 139:23-24 says, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.” Take some time and ask God to show you how you can be a positive influence on your team in the way you talk, live, and love.
Memory Verse: “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.” Psalm 139:23-24