Love Wins: Love Beats Fear
A team that remains undefeated for an extended amount of time not only experiences success on the field, but also develops a strong bond of love for one another. Some people believe that this love is the result of success, but more often than not it’s the love among teammates that actually produces the success.
- Tell about a team you played for that had a strong bond of love.
- How would it be to play with a team that was driven by fear? What things could a team fear?
- How is love a better team motivator than fear?
Check out the encouragement the Apostle Paul gave to his young friend Timothy in 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.”
- What happens to a team when it competes in a spirit of fear?
- What would it be like to play for a team that plays with…
- sound judgment?
3. Which of those three best describes how your team competes?
- When fear rises up in you, remember God’s truth from 2 Tim. 1:7:
- Fear is not from Him.
- He gives you power for taking appropriate action.
- He gives you love for your teammates and coaches.
- He gives you sound judgment for making wise decisions.
“By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” – John 13:35