Passion - Chapel
1 – Sport is a tremendous part of our lives because it allows us to express passion.
- Passion for our school, club, community.
- Passion for our teammates.
- Passion for the sport.
- Passion for the God who gave us the privilege to compete.
2 – When I think about passion, I am always reminded of the life of the Apostle Paul. Let’s read about a season in his life which was marked by passion. Acts 14:19-22 (read the text aloud.)
3 – In the apostle’s life and in ours:
- Passion enables us to stand against strong and violent opposition.
- Passion is strengthened by one’s committed teammates.
- Passion enables us to finish strongly.
4 – There is no doubt –
- Through many tribulations we must enter the Kingdom of God. Enter we must.
- Through great struggles we must capture a great team victory. Capture it we must.
5 – Prayer by coaches and competitors as they volunteer:
- Prayer for passion to stand against a strong opponent.
- Prayer for our passion to be strengthened by our teammates.
- Prayer for passion to finish well.
- Chaplain to complete the season of prayer.
This resource provided by Roger D. Lipe