Life of a Champion
”But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus-work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.” - Acts 20:24
Training, family, studies, etc.—Indeed, many priorities bombard an athlete’s life, and sometimes one priority takes precedence over the others.
But how about God’s priorities in your life? The Maker of heaven and earth has a perfect design and purpose for you. How wonderful to know what this could be! Knowing and living out the priorities of the loving God who created you strengthens you to live like a champion in every area of life. Your life will testify to God’s unending grace—a life worth living for His greater glory.
Let us finish the race and complete the task that Jesus has given us even through times when we might doubt God’s plans and we might be asking ourselves how to live and prioritize His will over all things because:
- He is the author of all life.
- He knows His plans for you and everything is according to His will.
- He laid down His life for us.
- We are living His life. Make it count! Spread God’s love in and out of the playing field, be a testimony and share the good news.
- Jesus, as well, lived a life of a champion.
- He considered His life worth nothing to Him. His only goal was to follow and finish the race His Father has given Him – to testify the good news of God’s grace.
- As an athlete, are you living a Life of a Champion for God?
- What task do you think God wants you to finish?
Jeremiah 29:11; 2 Timothy 4:7; 1 Timothy 1:12
“Lord, by your strength, I will live a Life of a Champion. Trials may come but I will still stand victorious in Your holy name. Amen.”