Matt Holliday Video Study – Part II
“For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ.”
St. Louis Cardinals All-Star Matt Holliday has learned a lot in his seven years as a major league outfielder, including many valuable lessons about what it means to compete for Christ. Today, we’re continuing our four-part video devotion series based on Holliday’s recent interview with FCA’s Sharing the Victory magazine.
To access the video, click the link below to watch or download the clip. After you’ve watched the short video, take time to answer the questions below. Finish by reading the related Scripture and asking God to work in your heart as a result of what you’ve learned.
1. How are you affected when people criticize your game? How do you respond emotionally, mentally and physically?
2. Answer the same questions regarding when people praise your abilities.
3. Why does it matter to you what others think of your game?
4. How concerned are you with what God thinks of your actions, both on the field and off?
5. Which matters to you more? Which should matter more?
1 Thessalonians 2:4
Want more? Watch or download the feature interview with Matt Holliday at fcaresources.com. Click here: http://fcaresources.com/video/stv-interview-matt-holliday
And to learn more about other athletes and coaches who compete for Christ, subscribe to FCA’s Sharing the Victory (STV) magazine at www.sharingthevictory.com.