Matt Holliday Video Study – Part IV
"...the LORD appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, I have continued to extend faithful love to you..” -Jeremiah 31:3
St. Louis Cardinals All-Star Matt Holliday has learned a lot in his eight years as a major league outfielder, including many valuable lessons about what it means to compete for Christ. Today, we’re concluding our four-part video devotion series based on Holliday’s interview with FCA’s Sharing the Victory magazine.
To access the video, click the link below to watch or download the clip. After you’ve watched the short video, take time to answer the questions below. Finish by reading the related Scripture and asking God to work in your heart as a result of what you’ve learned.
- In your sport, how much pressure do you feel to produce good stats?
- Where does that pressure come from?
- Read Romans 10:9-10. According to God’s Word, what must we do to be saved?
- According to this verse, does our performance have anything to do with our salvation?
- God’s love for us is unconditional, meaning it is not based on our performance. No matter what we do or don’t do, He will love us just the same. Based on this truth, what does that say about our athletic performance?
- Have you accepted God’s love for you, or are you still striving to earn it?
Want more? Watch or download the feature interview with Matt Holliday at fcaresources.com. Click here: http://fcaresources.com/video/stv-interview-matt-holliday
And to learn more about other athletes and coaches who compete for Christ, subscribe to FCA’s Sharing the Victory (STV) magazine at www.sharingthevictory.com.