Shalee Lehning Study Series – Part 4
“They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles.”
-Acts 2:42-43 (NIV)
After an All-American college basketball career at Kansas State University, Shalee Lehning experienced a breakout rookie season in the WNBA as a guard for the Atlanta Dream. Not only did she help the team set a franchise record in wins, but also ranked individually among the top 10 in the WNBA in total assists. Now between pro seasons, Lehning is serving as an assistant coach at her alma mater under Coach Deb Patterson.
Recently, Lehning sat down for an interview with FCA’s Sharing the Victory magazine. While the full-length interview is available online, today’s Impact Play will feature the second installment of Sharing the Victory’s four-part video study series based on the interview with Lehning. Click the video link below to watch the clip and then answer the questions. Finish by reading the related Scripture and asking God to work in your heart as a result of what you’ve learned.
1. Instead of watching TV, Shalee Lehning spent extra time in the gym. What distracts you from being the best you can be in your sport?
2. If you have been given an athletic gift from the Lord, don’t waste it! Use it to bring Him glory. With that in mind, do you need to make any changes to your schedule or habits to begin working harder at your sport?
3. This lesson is easily applied to our spiritual lives. Are you working to get stronger spiritually? How?
4. What spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer, Bible study, personal accountability) do you need to improve in order to grow in the Lord?
5. What is one thing you will change today to grow stronger in the Lord?
1 Peter 5:8