Challenging The Ordinary
"Then He said to [them] all, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. What is a man benefited if he gains the whole world, yet loses or forfeits himself?" Luke 9:23-25
- What stood out to you in the first part of this clip? What did all these people have in common?
- Why are these amazing people by the world’s standard ordinary in the eyes of Christ?
- What did you see as the main difference between the ordinary and extraordinary?
- Read Luke 9:23-25. Jesus was talking to his followers and posed several intriguing statements. What does it mean to “take up his cross”?
- Christ asked an important question at the end of this passage. What did this question mean? Who are some people of this age who would fall into this category?
- Of all the extraordinary examples, which one do you relate to the most?
- Do you desire to be extraordinary for Christ? Ask God to give you an opportunity to be that servant for Him.