Ben Zobrist Study Series – Part II
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.”
Tampa Bay Rays All-Star Ben Zobrist wasn’t drafted by Major League Baseball out of high school. In fact, he wasn’t even offered a baseball scholarship to play in college. Yet, after attending a skills showcase the summer after his senior year, one college coach saw potential in Zobrist and offered him a position on the team.
Now one of the brightest young infielders in the game, Zobrist has experienced a divine path to success—both on the field and off. Just before the start of the 2010 season, Zobrist sat down with FCA’s Sharing the Victory magazine to talk about that career, his family and, most importantly, his faith in Jesus Christ.
While the full-length interview is available online at fcaresources.com, today’s Impact Play will feature the second installment of Sharing the Victory’s four-part video study series based on the interview with Zobrist. Click the link below to watch or download the clip, and then answer the questions. Finish by reading the related Scripture and asking God to work in your heart as a result of what you’ve learned.
1. Most of us battle to surrender certain things in our lives to God. What are you holding back from Him?
2. Do you struggle with a need for control? How does that hurt your relationship with the Lord?
3. Read Proverbs 3:5-6. In what areas of your life do you rely on your own understanding?
4. What would happen if you released everything to the Lord and truly trusted Him? Are you willing to do that? What will happen if you don't?
5. Write down one thing you will choose to surrender to the Lord today and tell someone about your decision. Ask them to help keep you accountable to your decision.
1 Corinthians 1:25
Want more? Watch or download the feature interview with Zobrist at fcaresources.com. Click here.