Case Keenum Video Devotion Series – Part II
“For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.”
After leading the nation in total offense and passing yards per game last season, University of Houston quarterback Case Keenum was all set to lead the Cougars to another great run in 2010. That all changed, however, when in just their third game Keenum suffered a season-ending knee injury that forced him to the sideline for his senior season. As a man of faith, the injury forced Keenum to rely on the Lord in new ways and to fully trust in the Lord’s ultimate plan.
Today, we’re continuing our four-part video devotion series based on Keenum’s recent interview with FCA’s Sharing the Victory magazine. To access the video, click the link below to watch or download the clip. After you’ve watched the short video, take a few minutes to answer the questions below and read the related Scripture.
1. Have you ever had a similar experience to the one Case Keenum describes?
2. Even if you have a bad game, is it still worth it if you bring glory to God in the process? Why or why not?
3. What is your reputation off the field? Do others know you are a Christian? Better yet, can they see it in your lifestyle?
4. What does Case’s story say about the true purpose of sports?
5. What does this tell you about God’s purpose for you as an athlete or coach?