Renewed in the Zone
In the life of every team there is ebb and flow, a rise and decline in performance, good plays and poor plays, great performances and failures, injury and healing, brokenness and renewal. We all experience decline, failure, and brokenness, and all need renewal to become the team we aspire to be.
- Tell about a teammate who suffered an injury, but came back to compete even more strongly than before.
- From what have you been renewed as a competitor? Are you a better teammate now?
- Read Ephesians 3:8-12: “This grace was given to me – the least of all the saints! – to proclaim to the Gentiles the incalculable riches of the Messiah, and to shed light for all about the administration of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things. This is so that God’s multi-faceted wisdom may now be made known through the church to the rulers and authorities in the heavens. This is according to the purpose of the ages, which He made in the Messiah, Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness, access, and confidence through faith in Him.”
- Why would Paul say he’s the least of the saints?
- What parts of Paul’s life required renewal?
- How would his being renewed uniquely qualify him for his role in God’s plan?
- What parts of your life in sport needs to be renewed by Christ’s power?
- How are you uniquely qualified to serve God’s plan in the life of this team due to your renewal by Jesus?
Make a list of the areas of your life that are undergoing renewal and share it with someone. Ask for prayer and accountability.
Memory verse: “Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:1-2