- What part of your sport requires the most self-control?
- What happens if you play in an out-of-control way?
- Tell us about a player you know who shows great self-control.
- Let’s read about someone who demonstrated tremendous self-control. Read Matthew 4:1-11.
- How is Jesus’ self-control evident in this story? Over what factors does he exercise self-control?
- In what situations in your game do you struggle to maintain self-control?
- How might Jesus’ example here affect your approach to the game with respect to self-control?
- Exercise self-control on and off the field of competition.
- Follow Jesus’ example and be self-controlled, even when greatly tempted.