- About which of your sport accomplishments are you normally too humble to openly speak?
- Why is it important for you to maintain such humility?
- Who are some players you’ve known who showed real humility?
- Let’s look for evidence of humility in this story. Let’s read Mark 1:6-11.
- What are some indicators of humility in John the Baptist from this passage?
- Why do you think John acts and speaks so humbly?
- How similar is your expression of humility to John’s?
- What are some ways that we can express true humility in the world of sport?
- Pursue excellence in your sport.
- Deflect the praise that comes your way to teammates, coaches or the Lord Jesus.
- Humbly thank those who help you achieve.