If we say, "We have no sin," we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:8-9
- What a great illustration. What separates us from Christ?
- Our sin makes us unclean before God. Through this illustration what did Jesus do for our sin?
- Jesus made a sacrifice for you and me. What was that tremendous sacrifice He made? How has that sacrifice transformed your life?
- Read 1 John 1:8-9. People say, “I am a good person, I will get to heaven.” Being good does not guarantee our eternal home. What do you need to do to become right with God?
- When Jesus forgives our sins, he forgets them as well. Why do we have a hard time forgetting them?
- What area of your life have you been deceiving yourself in regards to sin?
- Do you desire to be clean and free from sin? Stop and pray. Confess your sin to Him, believe in your heart that He has done it, and actually live a forgiven life.