Relentless Love - God Pursues Me
Highly achieving teams pursue their goals with a fierce determination. They set their goals, determine a course of action for training, devise a wise strategy and then doggedly pursue their objectives. Have you ever considered how strongly and for how long God has been pursuing you?
1. What are some of the goals you pursue with your team? Check all that apply:
- Victories over rival teams
- High level performance
- Medals, trophies or rings
2. How strongly would you say your team pursues its aspirations on a 1-10 scale? (1 = weakly, 10 = fiercely)
3. How strongly does it seem that God is pursuing you? How can you tell?
- In Psalm 23:6 we read the following: “Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord as long as I live.”
- How does it feel to know God’s goodness and faithful love are pursuing you?
- Why does God pursue you with His goodness and faithful love?
- How long does this goodness and faithful love last?
- If God’s goodness and faithful love are pursuing us, how do we allow Him to overtake us and experience those things personally?
- How can we have as much confidence in our relationships with God as the writer of this psalm?
Think about how you have experienced God’s goodness and faithful love as a competitor. Share how the promise “I will dwell in the house of the Lord as long as I live” can produce confidence and peace in the hearts of your teammates on the days of competition.
Memory verse: “For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them.” – Ephesians 2:10