Selfless - Chapel
1 – Introduction – today we’ll talk about being selfless. That’s the direct opposite of being selfish or having a “Me First” attitude. Selfless people seek the best for others, before themselves.
2 – Read the text – Romans 12:3-5
- Every man among us.
- Don’t overestimate your importance.
- Think with sober judgment.
- God has given each of us a place on this team.
- Your body is made up of many parts, but it is one body. Each part has a particular function. Each part does what it alone can do.
- We are many in Christ and in this team, but we are one.
- When one succeeds, we all benefit.
- When one fails, we all suffer.
- When one achieves, we all achieve.
- When one acts selfishly, we all lose.
- When one is suspended, we as a team are lesser.
- All or goals remain within our reach.
- We can be as good and can achieve as highly as we want.
- If each one serves his team and teammates selflessly.
- If each one fulfills his role to its fullest.
- If each one will put the team’s best interest ahead of any selfish pleasures or foolish behaviors.
- We will be champions this year if we will choose to honor our team by being selfless.
3 - Prayer