Dakota Bracey - Change Is Good
Please Note: This study corresponds with the Winning Edge videos found on the 2009 Inside Out DVD. Due to copyrights, the video cannot be made available online.
"Therefore, fear the LORD and worship Him in sincerity and truth. Get rid of the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and worship the LORD. But if it doesn't please you to worship the LORD, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship: the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD." Joshua 24:14-15
- Dakota had instant success at school and football; however, early in his college career he made some poor choices with the people he followed. How are the people you hang around influencing your life?
- Through a FCA meeting on a football trip, Dakota turned back to Christ. How did his life change?
- Bracey soon became a mentor for a young ball boy on their team. How did Dakota help this young man? Is there anyone in your life or on your team you need to come alongside of in this way?
- Read Joshua 24:14:15. How do these verses parallel Dakota’s life? Your life?
- Bracey had to get rid of things that slowed him down and refocus his passions on Jesus Christ. What areas of life are weighing you down?
- Dakota learned how to be content. (Phil. 4:10-13). Where do you need to find contentment in your life?
- Pray that God will first change your heart so that you can serve Him only. Second, that he will give you a heart for others to help them realize who Christ can be in their life.