“And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
-Romans 12:1-2 (NLT)
A few days ago I went to the funeral of a huge sports fan whose love for life was evident to all. His name was Mike. His father had worked for FCA for several years and was responsible for getting FCA started in the SEC schools in the 60s and 70s. Mike’s life was full of joy, but it ended tragically with a sudden heart attack. He left this life way too early in my opinion, but his legacy will live on. His life was based on hope in Christ.
- Do not be sad for his passing, but believe in God like he had. (John 14:1-4)
- Live life for God, not yourself. (1Thessalonians 4:1-2)
- Purify your life and get rid of toxic things. (1 John 3:1-3)
- Whatever happens, live a steadfast life for the Lord. (1 Corinthians 15:58)
I pray that today, especially in light of Easter and Christ’s resurrection, you will take the time to think about your life in Him. Make essential changes, get rid of the toxic things that weigh you down and become steadfast and immovable in living for Him.
1. What was the last event that forced you to think about your life?
2. What has hindered your ability to remain steadfast in Christ?
3. What changes do you need to make in your life in order to assure that your soul is truly well in Christ?