Selfish vs. Selfless - Chapel
1 – Why is selflessness so important to successful teams?
- Which would be more successful -
- 5 on 5?
- 1 on 5?
2 – Here’s another angle on this question from John 12:24-25 (read the text aloud).
- If we live only for ourselves, we remain by ourselves – one remains one.
- If we choose to compete selflessly, to involve others and to sacrifice:
- floor burns
- we bear much fruit
- we make everyone better
- we multiply our team’s productivity
- If you only self-protect – you lose.
- If you sacrifice – you win
- With teammates, friends, family and in your faith
3 – The challenge today is…
- Rather than seeking your own good, give yourself up to make your team better.
- Sacrifice leads to multiplied productivity.