Servant Leadership - Chapel
1 – Today’s competition will require a tremendous amount of leadership for us to be victorious. It will require a unique type of leadership.
2 – This kind of leadership is best described in Mark 10:42-45 (read the text aloud).
- This is not the usual kind of leadership – it’s not about power or position.
- To be a great leader – make those close to you better.
- Communicate well
- Lead your unit
- To be the best leaders – make your whole team better.
- Even those who annoy you
- Even those outside your responsibility
- Even the coaches
- To be a Christ-like leader – sacrifice for the team’s greatest good.
- Sacrifice playing time to further a younger player’s development
- Play through pain
- Submit to the game plan
- Press through difficult situations
- Free your teammates to become all they were created to be
3 – Lead strongly today
- Be great leaders
- Be the best leaders
- Be Christ-like leaders