Living with Purpose
Sing along…“Put me in, Coach - I am ready to play today; Look at me, I can be Centerfield.” What a great song written about a kid who just wants to get on the field and play baseball even if he has to play centerfield where there is little action. He’s saying, “Wherever you need me, I will play, wherever you need me, I will go.” This is a player every coach dreams of coaching: a player that would do anything, even play the undesired position, just to be a part of the team. God, our Head Coach, is looking for players to say, “Put me in, Coach, I am ready to play. I am ready to serve, give and live with a purpose.” In Isaiah 6:8 God asks the question, “Who should I send? Who will go for us?” Isaiah answers, “Here I am. Send me!” He didn’t even know the position He would play, but because He knew the Purpose Maker, He was about to find His purpose.
- Talk about a time when you were asked to play an undesired position or maybe even sit the bench? How did that make you feel?
- How did you find purpose in the position you were asked to play?
- Read Colossions 3:23: “Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men.”
- What does “whatever” include?
- How can you find purpose in whatever God asks of you?
- What do you feel God’s purpose is for you on this team?
- How can you use your purpose on this team to glorify God?
To find our purpose and live it to the full, we need to get to know our Purpose Maker better. List several way you and your teammates can get to know God better today.
Memory verse: “‘For I know the plans I have for you’ —this is the Lord’s declaration—‘plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” – Jeremiah 29:11