More Than a Sport
- Coach Coale talks about being a part of her program as more than just being a player in it. What was she referring to with that point?
- How can sport teach you more about life and the skills necessary to make it in the world today?
- Why does she feel responsible for passing on these life skills to her players?
- Read 1 Timothy 4:6-8. Athletic training is important to an athlete. Why is spiritual training more important?
- What do you think godliness means? How is godliness beneficial in every area of your life?
- Coach Coale believes it is important not only to prepare her players for what is next, but wants them to apply it themselves. What areas of godly training to you need to apply in your life?
- Is physical training more important than spiritual training for you? If so, pray and ask God to change this priority in your life.
If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, nourished by the words of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed. But have nothing to do with irreverent and silly myths. Rather, train yourself in godliness, for, the training of the body has a limited benefit, but godliness is beneficial in every way, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:6-8