Keys to Success - Chapel
Success in Football
• Name the two most important things in order to succeed in football as a player or team. (Impossible to answer, use as icebreaker with team….
• What are do you as a team want to succeed in this year? I will use this time for captains to cover major goals –
o (7 shutouts, no region losses, region champions, state playoffs etc.. Should be specific for your team..)
• As team I remind them of the quote “if you don’t know where you are going you will likely end up somewhere else – (John Maxwell)
Vince Lombardi – The only place success comes before hard work is in the dictionary
Vince Lombardi – The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
Success in Life
• What do you think it takes to be a successful person, or achieve one’s ultimate purpose?
• “Does the bible give us an answer for that question?” Maybe not that exact question, but it does tell us in the eyes of Jesus what is the most important laws of life.
Matthew 22:37-40 – Jesus said unto them, thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thouself
o Jesus answered the question we asked earlier about how to succeed in this life? He said (Love God, Love People)
o In what ways do we “identify” what Love for God is ? We look at scriptures in BIBLE - Obedience 1Jn 2:3 also 1 John 5:3, Trust Proverbs 3:5/6, Faith 1John 5:11-12 Friendship John 15:14, John 14:15
o What is Love for “our neighbor” - Respect Golden Rule Matt 7:12, Sacrifice 1 John 3:16-18, Forgiveness Matt 6:14-15
Closing - Do you have what it takes to succeed in the “game of life?”
Prayer and then walk out with “motto / motivation thought for team to repeat – “I ain’t nothing but a winner – Bear Bryant
This resource submitted by:
Hopewell Baptist Church