Senior Day - Chapel
1 – This could be the last competition for some of our senior players.
- Many of us have competed together for years.
- On a day like this, what should characterize the attitudes of our most senior players?
- I see a great model at Joshua 14 and verses 7-14.
2 – Joshua 14:7-14 (read the text)
- Caleb is now 85 years old, but he’s not ready to retire.
- “I was faithful to what I was told.”
- “I’m as strong today as I was 45 years ago.”
- “Give me this mountain! I’ve heard there are giants there.”
3 – I wonder about our seniors.
- Are you ready to be done or would you like to keep playing?
- I believe we can play well into the playoffs.
- We can do so if you will lead us with an attitude like Caleb’s.
4 – If our seniors can say at this day’s end:
- “We have done everything our coaches have told us,” then we will succeed.
- “We are just as strong as we were in pre-season,” then we’ll be winners today.
- “Give me this mountain, I’ve heard there are giants up there,” then we’ll play in the playoffs.
This resource provided by Roger D. Lipe