3 Minute Drill - Colt McCoy Video Study
Sharing the Victory magazine sat down with University of Texas quarterback Colt McCoy to talk about integrity, serving, teamwork and excellence. Walk through this four part study by using the questions and videos below.
1.What was Colt McCoy’s definition of integrity? Do you agree or disagree
2. McCoy says that a Christian athlete should play with integrity. Why is that important?
3. How does it affect others to see integrity modeled on the field?
4. Do you play with integrity?
5. Think of two ways you can better model the value of integrity on and off the field.
Related Scripture: 1 Chronicles 29:17, Psalm 25:21, Matthew 5:33-37
1. How does good leadership relate to being a servant?
2. What are some ways Colt McCoy listed as examples of serving his teammates?
3. How did Jesus serve those around Him?
4. What are some ways that you can better serve those around you?
Related Scripture: Matthew 20:20-28, Ephesians 6:7, 1 Peter 4:10
1. What does it mean to, as Colt McCoy said, “focus on the process and not on the outcome”?
2. How does that apply on the field and off?
3. Why is it important to be excellent in all that we do as Christians?
4. How do our actions reflect Christ?
5. What do you need to change in order to be more excellent for the Lord?
Related Scripture: Matthew 5:48, Philippians 4:8, Colossians 3:23-24
1. How important is teamwork when it comes to sports?
2. Have you ever experienced a situation in which a team didn’t play well together? How did that affect the outcome on the field?
3. Think about the reverse scenario. When have you seen good teamwork pay off on the field?
4. What are the characteristics of a good team?
5. McCoy said, “You and God are a team.” How does teamwork apply to a relationship with the Lord? How is that relationship similar to a team dynamic?
6. How does teamwork apply to Christians and the body of Christ as a whole?
Related Scripture: Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Ephesians 4:1-16,