Injury - Chapel
1 – The recent injuries we have experienced serve to remind us of a very important truth.
• It’s stated very well in II Corinthians 4:7-10 (read the text).
• We are possessed of a great treasure (being made in the image of God).
• This is even truer if we belong to Christ (the very life of God resides in us).
• That is treasure of the highest order.
• We have this treasure in jars of clay.
o People are fragile – some physically, some mentally, some psychologically, etc…
• All this is no surprise to God.
o Part of the human condition – no one is Superman.
o We all need help.
• The result is that when people see power in our lives – they see the presence of God more than they see us.
2 – How do we handle this treasure carried in a fragile vessel?
• We’re afflicted, but not crushed.
• We’re perplexed, but not despairing.
• We’re struck down, but not destroyed.
• We’re outwardly battered, but inwardly victorious!
• That is the attitude which battles through injury and illness.
3 – Press through momentary setbacks and strongly pursue your goals.
4 – This team has a great treasure carried in the hearts of regular people like us. Let’s display great power today and let the watching world stand back in wonder.
This resource provided by Roger D. Lipe