Unified - Chapel
1 – Introduction – If we will compete in a unified way today, we will do very well.
2 – Take encouragement from this story in Genesis chapter 11. Read the text – Genesis 11:1-8.
- There are two main points to take from this text: They were one people and everyone spoke the same language.
- God Himself observes, “Now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them.”
- God believes in the unlimited potential of unified people who communicate effectively. (Repeat)
- This is what God saw in these people and I see that in this team. Nothing you purpose to do will be impossible for you.
3 – In today’s game-
- Be unified! When adversity arrives:
- Don’t criticize teammates, rather challenge them.
- Don’t avoid failing teammates, embrace them.
- Don’t withdraw from others, encourage others.
- Communicate effectively! All day.
- In meetings
- In the locker room
- During pre-game on the field
- In the huddle
- During each moment of the game
- On the sidelines
- At half-time
- As we finish strongly
- Play today as a unified team, communicate wisely and effectively and we’ll witness first-hand the unlimited potential of our team.
4 - Prayer