Team Unity - Chapel
1 – Competitions like this one require tremendous team unity. Each one must bring his/her best to make the team all it can be.
2 – Think for a moment about how diverse your team is:
- Skill sets
3 – Think about how the team is diminished if any one of you is at less than 100%.
4 – Think about how the team’s personality on the floor changes with each substitution. You are not interchangeable parts in a machine.
5 – Think about the factors which unify such a diverse set of people. These are most important.
6 – Ephesians 4:4-7 (read the text)
- One body / one Spirit / one hope of calling
- One Lord / one faith / one baptism
- One God / one Father
- Over all, through all, in all…
- But each one was given grace as a gift.
- Each one is uniquely gifted. All united, but not all the same.
7 – Today, your team will be most successful when each one brings the best of his/her unique giftedness to a unified effort with the whole team.
- You will be very good today as you play as one.
- Unified in purpose
- Unified in values
- Unified in strategy
- Unified in heart